Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mt. McLoughlin.

CENTRAL POINT, OR

My sister and I have reached the summit of this peak twice - both times on the Fourth of July. It sits roughly halfway between Medford and Klamath Falls with about 4500' of prominence. 

This sign sits near the boundary line between the cities of Gold Hill and Central Point. My aunt used to have  a house on Tolo Road (which crosses I-5 at an overpass barely visible in the distance in this photo, as the road curves out of view). This sign means I'm back in the Rogue Valley. It means I'm home. 

Also notable for being COMPLETELY INVISIBLE on clear summer days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, from here it looks so small...almost invisible. You would never know that the last 3 hours of hiking is a scramble over lava boulders. One of the most rewarding views though. Nietzche would approve. It was good to see you

    ReplyDelete